Monday, May 10, 2010

Does anybody use a dremel to sand or cut down your dog's nails?

I use a dremel with a sand paper roll on it and its 60 grit and i use it to file her nails down. then i use pedipaws from the commercial on TV. so does anyone a dremel to a dog manicure? thanksDoes anybody use a dremel to sand or cut down your dog's nails?
This is a very common way to cut or sand down a length of nails. I agree that the pedipaws is only good for taking the sharper edges off the nails after they have been cut, but used correctly, the dremel should do this job perfectly. I know alot of excellent groomers who use this method.Does anybody use a dremel to sand or cut down your dog's nails?
Yes I dremel. I don't need any pedipaws(I think thats the one that reads where the quick is?) because I worked in a groom shop for over a year and cutting nails is easy for me. I used to cut them on my dog but they are so short I only need to do a quick dremeling once a week.
i have my dogs' nails dremeled %26amp; it's great to get them back to where they should be without risking nippng the quick which can be bloody %26amp; is painful for the dog. it's also often much easily tolerated by dogs who hate having their nails done.
Actually I use horse nippers to clip the nail down on my dane b/c it does a clean job. And then I use a dremel to smooth/round the edges over. No worries, I do the same thing.
yes i use a dremel its all i use!!! it works and with practice you wont need the pedipaws

No comments:

Post a Comment