Friday, May 14, 2010

How do i calm my cat down while im cuting her nails?

i love my cat but i cant get her to calm down when we cut her nails its world war 3 when we do itHow do i calm my cat down while im cuting her nails?
Maybe you should get a vet to do it, and ask him for some tips so you could do it yourself xDHow do i calm my cat down while im cuting her nails?
there's usually no way to calm down your cat when you try to cut their nails,what I usually do,so that don't get attacked in the cross fire is get a large bath towel,wrap it around every part of my cat but the head and one paw,pet it's head for a couple of minutes and try to do it as quickly as possible while holding the back part of my kitties body with my legs.it doesn't hurt them, it's just scary so be gentle and pet them for a while afterward if they don't run and hide on you!
try petting it before you do it, but get all of your supplies ready. try having your cat be comfortable enough to purr. also pet her (or have someone pet her) while you are cutting her nails.
I got my cats used to having their paws handled when they were kittens, and I usually wait till they are sleepy or very relaxed to trim their claws.





The article below has helpful advice on how to trim their claws.





http://www.catscratching.com/htmls/artic鈥?/a>
Play with him/her until exhausted. Wait until he/she is in a deep sleep. Twist yourself into a pretzel (to keep them still and asleep), and good luck! That is the ONLY way I've been able to trim my cats' nails....when they are s l e e p y!!!!
Personally I would take the cat in and have them do it professionally. Also less chance to cut into the nerve endings. It would be worth it not to look like a bloody battle field:)
my mum always does my cats claws when shes asleep and calm, she never notices, or if you prefer to do it when shes awake give her treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment