Monday, May 10, 2010

I am restoring my deck should i use nails or screws to hold the boards down?

If you use deck screws it will make it a lot easier to replace a board when you need to and they hold better.I am restoring my deck should i use nails or screws to hold the boards down?
Decking screws with a power screwdriver, some power drills have a speed setting for driving in screws, if you don't have one, get one ! they're not expensive and you'll be glad you did.I am restoring my deck should i use nails or screws to hold the boards down?
Deck screws
screws won't pop or squeak.
screws.if you use nails youll have to pound them in again come spring
Deck screws (galvanized or some corrosion resistant coating)
I would use screw, they have deck screw to use. They cost more but the work better then ornerier wood screws.

No comments:

Post a Comment