Thursday, January 21, 2010

My cat had to be put down, fought it tooth and nail, help!?

she had fibromelonma, there was no other alternitive, however she was 13y/o acting like a kitten. when the vet gave the shot she bit the vet and hissed. i have a hard time beleiving i did the best thing for her because of this. i know its too late to do anything, but anyone that has a similar story to share may help!


thanksMy cat had to be put down, fought it tooth and nail, help!?
I know it is very difficult for this to happen when you love your pet so much. I did not have a similar experience, but my cat is 14 and when she goes in for a shot she hisses and bites the vet, so your pet could have just been doing that as well. It is not that she was fighting it, it was just the fact that it was a vet and she was getting a shot. I hope you understand what I mean. All my best to you, it might not help right now but time will heal, and there will come a day when you will remember all the good times and talk about the cute things she did in happiness and not in sorrow as you probably are right now.My cat had to be put down, fought it tooth and nail, help!?
She didn't like the needle being stuck in her, thats normal. Your cat is in a better place now and is thankful to not be in any more pain. If you hadn't done this what kind of life would she have? Pain is no life.














You did the right thing and you will forever remember the last and greatest gift you gave to her, relief from the pain. Im so sorry for your loss.
Hunni you did the right thing, I know its a sad time but u need not feel bad. If I was with you I would give you a huge hug for you courage
I know it's hard to accept this decision. It's very common for people to second guess themselves and play the what-if scenarios over and over. She was terminal regardless of how she was acting. You saved her from a horrible, tragic, pain-filled end with a very merciful, albeit difficult, choice. You could have spent tons of money but it wouldn't have helped. I applaude you for not making her suffer for your selfishness. She's waiting on you at the bridge and she's in very good company there. You made the right choice....
my heart go out to you , never easy to do the right thing when it means losing a friend
you did the right thing although hard to accept,you saved your cat from dying a very painful death.cats,especially if you have had them a long time,become family members.when we had our cat euthanised i had tears rolling down my cheeks,im a real strong man,but when you lose family it is very sad.always remember the cat.one day you may go get yourself another kitten and another love will grow in the family.dont dispair things will get better for you
I am so sorry for your loss but just think that she is not in pain anymore. Maybe you can find another cat to give you love too. I hope that don't sound lame.
oh, my dear, i know so well what you are feeling... i rescued a manx kitten (i always had wanted one) and he was so charming that it was DEEP love at first sight. sadly, it was but a day or two later that i noticed he had a very difficult and painful time going to the bathroom. i took him to my vet and was told he had spina bifida, a common problem with manx's. my vet gave me the option of letting him live or putting him to sleep. he told me that if he lived he would most likely suffer. oh how my heart didnt want to be hearing that. but my mind made the decision to let him go....however, my heart wouldn't let me accept it, i kept wondering if i took the easy way out, maybe i should have let him live. i did some research on manxs and spina bifida...and that helped me a lot in understanding that i made the right decision...but it still was one of the hardest things for me to get over...in a way i felt like manx breeders had betrayed me for never warning about it and letting me only see the cute healthy kittens. i know that as always God was the major reason i was able to heal so quickly, and i will say a prayer for you to.
aww my god that is so sad my heart goes out for you one time i had this caligo cat named patches she was a girl and everthing and she was pregnant with kittens anyways i she was outside and i was going to get her. as i went outside i was horrifyed my cat was in the rode and i saw a truck coming i thought the truck would slow down i was so far away i couldn't do nothing but the truck just sped up it went faster and the driver purposly hit my cat i hope that person is having a miserable life now people that kill cats for the fun of it or evil people
I know this is hard, I had to do something similar. I can tell you it never gets easy. I am still thinking what if I had tried harder to help her? Could I have done anything? The answer is no. My dog had to be put down because she was hit by a drunk driver.( the guy ran over me and my dog) My dog was in so much pain. The doctor said she would never be well again and my only option if i wanted to be humane was to put her out of her misery. I am still sad about it. I have lost 2 pets in my life a ferret to natural causes and a dog to a drunk it always hard. but I can be at peace knowing she is not longer hurting anymore. So I hope this helps you.
All the vets I have ever dealt with have always tried everything else before putting an animal down. They go into vet medicine because they love animals just as much as we do. So if the vet told you that your cat had a terminal disease and that putting her down was the thing to do, then you did the right thing. Maybe the vet hit a nerve when putting the needle in and it hurt the cat and caused the reaction. Usually when the animal is put down, they simply lay their head down and appear to go to sleep.





I am very sorry that you had to put your companion to sleep. It is a very hard thing to do and hurts your heart so bad.
i had to put my cat down (he was only 2 years old at the time) because he had a blocked urinary tract. The vet more or less told me that even if they did the surgery (that i couldnt afford anyway) that it could happen again. He had gone without signs of being sick up until it was too late so i had to put him down. Sorry about your loss my heart goes out to u
  • pores blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment