Thursday, January 21, 2010

My one big toes nail is ripping way down near the center?!?

Its breaking from like the one side all the way down, and i dont know what to do... i cant peel it off because it REALLY hurts and if i do half my nail will come off





WHAT DO I DO?





Thanks for any helpMy one big toes nail is ripping way down near the center?!?
That happened to me! I left it alone for the longest time.. and it got infected and bloody and puss-y and I went to the doctors and got medicine for that.. and then she said to soak it in warm kind of soapy water for 20 minutes each day and soon it will fall off.. and if it doesn't you have to rip it off, but do so after soaking it in warm water because it softens it up and allows it to be easier to rip off.


Good luck! Seriously.. this sucks. And your nail will never be the same again.My one big toes nail is ripping way down near the center?!?
Go to your doctor. If the tear has progressed far enough, ripping off the nail may cause damage, and your nail may not grow back. The doctor will at least take a look at it and make sure there is no damage. Also, he/she might be able to anesthetize your toe before removing the nail, so it won't hurt as much. If that isn't an option, go to your drug store, ask for nail glue in the nail polish section, and glue the nail together. This will hopefully keep the nail together long enough to allow the nail bed to heal, so that you can cut off the damaged section. This will also keep the tear from progressing. Protect the toe from further damage in the mean time. Put a band-aid on it, wear open toed shoes whenever possible, and avoid having people step on your toes. The glue solution should work within a month, depending on how far the tear has progressed, and depending on how fast your nails grow.





Good Luck.
Same thing happened to me because someone stepped on my toe during a soccer game.


Unfortunately..my toe nail fell off after a few months. It became completely dead and then fell off. It grew back after about 5 months and now looks totally normal.


What I did was put a bandaid on it so nothing would catch it or snag it. That's about the only advice I can give you!


Just pray it doesn't fall off but if it does..it's no biggie! They grow back!
Do it like a Band aid 1-2-3 rip!!! I did this on my thumb worked like a charm after 2 minutes of almost crying...my eyes were tearing...i think, and i guess warm water helps too but i didn't try.

No comments:

Post a Comment