Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do i stop my really bad habit of nail biting, its all the way down to the skin and i always catch myself c

hewing away at it whenever im bored and it takes alot of my time up and i had this habit ever since i was a little kid like at the age of 4 or so.How do i stop my really bad habit of nail biting, its all the way down to the skin and i always catch myself c
take a hot pepper and cut a tinypiece of and rub your nail on the juicy part. Bite them and I swear you never will again. If that's too intense, you can use pepper. Or they sell nail polish that tastes reallly bad. or you can go get a manicure an dthen you wont want to bite the nailpolish off ;). Or say like,every week I don't bite my nails I'll give myself.__________.or wear a rubber band on your wristand everytime you bit your nails or think about biting themsnap it. Your mind will soon associate biting nails with undesirable sensations.How do i stop my really bad habit of nail biting, its all the way down to the skin and i always catch myself c
My daughter used to bite her nails when she was little and I bought this stuff that you put on your nails and it tastes really bad so you won't want to bite your nails. She stopped and her nails grow really well. She has beautiful nails now. But, anyways it worked and I think you can get it at your local drug store where they sell nail polish, or anywhere they sell nail polish.
My husband rubs his finger against his thumb, instead. It's very soothing, and nobody notices or realizes why he's doing it except he and I. That's for the stress and nervousness. For the boredom, maybe you could look at the people around you as though you were Central Casting and you were going to place them in movies. Imagine them in different roles. That will keep your mind busy... Good luck! You deserve to be beautiful.
I had the same problem





Here's what you do. Buy a pack of Emory boards in the pharmacy.





Carry one in your pocket and put one in your car, at your bedside, on your desk, in your gym bag, etc., etc.





Whenever you feel the urge to bite, file it down. It feels good, it doesn't hurt and it improves nail health.
I got rid of my nail chewing habit by getting acrylic nails done for about a year straight.





Of course my habit was more out of a neuroticism that would make me chew my nail if it was not straight, or had a rough edge.





A friend of mine used to chew hers 'til they bled... and I suggested the same to her. It helped her too.
Dip your fingers into some chilli-based sauce (perhaps just water and chilli....then try biting it..I'm sure u wont do that again.





hope it helps :]

No comments:

Post a Comment