Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm having a stinging pain in my finger's nail bed. Every time I press down it hurts.?

The area is not red or any random color. It feels as if something tiny is stuck under there but nothing is visible. Thanks.I'm having a stinging pain in my finger's nail bed. Every time I press down it hurts.?
i get this all the time. it is a small piece of chipped nail, and they hurt a lot when pulled out. trim your nail as short as it will go without hurting, then try to find the chip and pull it out. instead of doing it carefully just pull it out, carefully makes it hurt a lot more, do NOT use clippers to pull it out, they will just chop the chip and make it very hard to get out. if it starts bleeding, just rinse it off and it will stop. the chipped nail was caused by you hitting something like a bar, or a wall or just something hard, or by bending your nail.





if it isn't a chipped nail then it is probably a cut, that will heal all by itself.





GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment