Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My dog broke a few of his nails down to the fleshy part any suggestions on how I can help them heal faster?

He broke them pretty far down to the base and because of where they are, they aren't healing that well. What should I do to help them heal faster and without infection. I bought some ';kwik stop'; stuff that is supposed to form a protective barrier on the nail but I am not sure if I should use it or not.. any suggestions? thanksMy dog broke a few of his nails down to the fleshy part any suggestions on how I can help them heal faster?
use some antiseptic cream to keep the bugs away and wash the regularly in a mild saline solution, make sure the dog doesnt lick them too much as they can be a big heavy handed with the cleaning and open the wound up again! generally just keep it as clean as possible and it will start healingMy dog broke a few of his nails down to the fleshy part any suggestions on how I can help them heal faster?
keep the area clean if there is any type of wound put triple antibiotic ointment on it to keep infection away
I dont know about kwik stop forming a barrier against an area like that, if it is bleeding use it, it wont hurt. You might want to rinse the area off a few times a day, my dog broke his nail and I didnt do anything to it, he licked it a lot, he would actually fall asleep licking it ane keep licking it so Id poke him to make him stop but they'll grown back eventually, its just slow going.

No comments:

Post a Comment