Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I anchor track down for model railroad--N-Guage-when nails won't hold?

I am building a layout on a hollow core door and I am concerned that the luan is not allowing the tiny nail to bite. Becasue I am using flex track, the cork railbed is not sufficient.How do I anchor track down for model railroad--N-Guage-when nails won't hold?
I've used latex medium to glue down N-scale Flex track !! I use pins and weights to help hold it down... but on luann or light plywood, it's PERFECT to adhere it to the roadbed.





I've also seen folks do it with thin beads of latex caulk.. but I think that would work best with HO track.





GOOD LUCKHow do I anchor track down for model railroad--N-Guage-when nails won't hold?
Well if i was doing it i would glue each piece of track to a thin board.I would make sure the board was wider than the tracks on each side.When connecting the tracks glue the board down again.When finished you can either cover the both sides of the board with modeling clay of paper machie.Paper machie and glue would be alot cheaper than modeling clay or plasticine.If i had alot of money i would use plasticine as you can make the ground look better and you can stick little trees,Bush's and people along the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment