Friday, January 15, 2010

I spilt nail polish remover down my vent by accident ... what do I do?

I bumped my nail polish remover down my vent. And it says on the back to stay away from heat. I have been trying to soak up most of what I can with paper towel, but Im afraid it wont get everything. What should I do !?I spilt nail polish remover down my vent by accident ... what do I do?
As far as heat goes, nothing to worry about there. You will have to endure the smell for a little while, but nail polish remover will not hurt anything in the vent and it evaporates pretty quickly.I spilt nail polish remover down my vent by accident ... what do I do?
enjoy the buzz,when it said keep away from heat it meant direct heat,like holding a bic lighter in front of it with top off,unless your vent is directly over the furnace you ll be ok,its more than likely dried up by now anyway,it dissipates very fast
except for the odor for a while, it won't hurt anything. heat duct registers usually lift off if they are in the floor if you want to do a better cleanup.the reason the label states to keep from heat or flame is because nail polish is flammable, but furnace heat ducts will not produce enough heat to cause a problem.
It will not take long to evaporate that stuff. It will never make it to the


flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment