Sunday, January 17, 2010

Come down, get off your cross, we need to space to nail the next fool martyr?

*Disclaimer- My title isn't what you think it is.*





How do you handle all the bandwagon fans who jump on the wagon after winning a championship?





**my question isn't about what you think it is**Come down, get off your cross, we need to space to nail the next fool martyr?
A number of ways.





The most common way I go is to simply ignore them. But when the mood strikes me, or if someone really asks for it, I point out their bandwagonism for what it is - a reason to celebrate and to put their ignorance on display.





See, the human mind is surrounded every day by things it prefers to avoid but responsibly (or unwittingly) endures them because it is necessary in the pursuit of life.





Being the pain-avoiding, pleasure-seeking critters that we all are, we seek any reason to celebrate as a response to the boredom and drudgery of daily life. Bandwagon fans come from a broad spectrum of backgrounds but most common to them is the need to celebrate recent champions.





While I can forgive a newcomer or even a closet fan of a perennial loser, there are some that I wouldn't urinate on if they caught fire. And the astounding aspect of my experience has been that I see them in my own ';backyard'; so to say.





Philly and its suburbs have been painted red - Phillies red - due to last seasons World Series victory. Whether or not I'm an Athletics fan, I don't like bandwagon fans who buy new duds, banners, stickers, and whatnot AFTER the championship.





I've been wearing Eagles green since I can remember and the last time they won the NFL crown was the year I was born, and so I don't quite recall that happening. If and when they finally do win the Lombardi, it won't change what I do or say about them. I don't care how others support their team or which one they do support and so it goes that I expect no one else to be concerned about my favorite. Not everyone is required to like the same team(s). So how can we expect anything different?





Basketball might as well call itself A Bad Day At Work because it doesn't appeal to me. The Flyers aren't the honorable type of organization I wish to support any longer. And what better time to extricate myself from them than at a time when a lot of Flyers fans think they are bound to win the Cup?





What bothers me about bandwagon fans is they aren't fans at all, just celebrants. If they try to boast by way of their limited knowledge, they will reveal themselves for the ';Johnny-come-lately's'; they are and that is when I'll extend the abuse they seek.Come down, get off your cross, we need to space to nail the next fool martyr?
I suppose one would need to win a championship to be able to explain that adequately.





I know that the Leafs have sold out every game for half a century, and always have huge amounts of fans at away games despite 40-odd years of no appearances in a Final.





You'd be right to accuse some of our fanbase of being delusional, myopic, and lacking sanity, but not of the bandwagon syndrome.
Tool is one of my fav bands.





i like to laugh at them. because if it wasnt for them, there wouldnt be that much entertainment on these forums.





dont let it get to you though.





';Use to be a bunch of a**holes that lived in this part of the building here, but we systematically removed them like you would any kind of termite or roach';





if it were only that easy
I don't even acknowledge what they have to say, because it's all worthless crap that comes out of their mouths.





';By the time the fool has learned the game, the players have dispersed.';-African proverb
Tool is an awesome band - i reccoment you listen to the band ';Rishloo';. They kind of sound like Tool/A Perfect Circle.








I ignore them when they speak. Usually it's all nonsense; so I don't feel bad when i end up ignoring them.
Ehh, they're just a part of life.... Parasites like to attach to the strongest host in many systems, hockey should be no different.





**my answer isn't about what you think it is**
people want to call people bandwagon fans....let me explain something the more fans the better for the NHL....by the way Biggest bandwagon fan ERIN
Jean Chretien made more sense than your question eh .. please elaborate further.
Rip them new ones and embarrass them by poking holes in their logic.
how bout be a lil' more blunt then.
Que?





Speak sense man!

No comments:

Post a Comment