Sunday, January 17, 2010

Would you please help me nail down if I'm autistic or not?

Okay, so I've been having this habit for since I was little. I'd grab a pen or something thin and smooth, and with that I'll walk around the house, submerged in my own world of imaginations.





I'd imagine up cartoonish adventures (anime), sports adventures, fictional stories etc. All of it happens entirely in my head. I can picture out characters, environments, things etc. smoothly all in my head, as though I'm actually watching a movie that I'm making up as I go along. I have a great imagination.





Today, with the help of a great online friend, I'm starting to believe this has something to do with autism.





I also have a habit of re-arranging stuffs, but this is not compulsive and as my mom has the same habit, I think I inherited it.





So, what do you think? Am I autistic? Which classification does my symptom fall under?





Thanks for your answers.Would you please help me nail down if I'm autistic or not?
It does sound like you have some aspect of an autistic spectrum disorder there but I wouldnt dare to speculate as to what.


Autism and all autism related disorders are extremely intricate and have a wide ranging impact on people and I would strongly urge you to seek a doctors opinion on this, I have worked with people and children with autism and I help out with my nephew who has a severe non verbal autism disorder.


If you seek out a doctor they can assess you properly, because all autistic disorders are so closely inter related and it will take more than one visit to get an accurate picture, It might help you to make some sense of some of your symptoms and it could well be the key to you taking advantage of these traits, many autistic people work in creative projects and enjoy great sucess.


I hope you find this helpful feel free to email me if you want to chat about it more.Would you please help me nail down if I'm autistic or not?
doesnt sound like autism you just sound like a creative and artistic person who likes a tidy area. many people are like that it doesnt mean you jump to the conclusion of autism.


i have an autistic cousin and thats not autism.
I don't think you have autism, but you may have Adult Attention Deficite Disorder. Possibly just an overactive imagination. I think your fine but the symptoms of Autism are as follows:





Core symptoms


The severity of symptoms varies greatly between individuals, but all people with autism have some core symptoms in the areas of:





Social interactions and relationships. Symptoms may include:


Significant problems developing nonverbal communication skills, such as eye-to-eye gazing, facial expressions, and body posture.


Failure to establish friendships with children the same age.


Lack of interest in sharing enjoyment, interests, or achievements with other people.


Lack of empathy. People with autism may have difficulty understanding another person's feelings, such as pain or sorrow.


Verbal and nonverbal communication. Symptoms may include:


Delay in, or lack of, learning to talk. As many as 40% of people with autism never speak.1


Problems taking steps to start a conversation. Also, people with autism have difficulties continuing a conversation after it has begun.


Stereotyped and repetitive use of language. People with autism often repeat over and over a phrase they have heard previously (echolalia).


Difficulty understanding their listener's perspective. For example, a person with autism may not understand that someone is using humor. They may interpret the communication word for word and fail to catch the implied meaning.


Limited interests in activities or play. Symptoms may include:


An unusual focus on pieces. Younger children with autism often focus on parts of toys, such as the wheels on a car, rather than playing with the entire toy.


Preoccupation with certain topics. For example, older children and adults may be fascinated by video games, trading cards, or license plates.


A need for sameness and routines. For example, a child with autism may always need to eat bread before salad and insist on driving the same route every day to school.


Stereotyped behaviors. These may include body rocking and hand flapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment