Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What is the proper way to trim down acrylic nails?

I have had acrylic nails for several years and I routinely visit the nail salon every three weeks. The problem is that I am taking the CA Bar Exam next week and my nails are feeling a little to long to allow me to type as fast as possible during the exam. I have an appointment at the salon the day after the exam, but I need to trim them down a bit for the exam itself, and I wont have time to get into the salon.





It really doesn't matter if they are pretty, but I would prefer it if they didn't crack or snag on things. Would normal clippers and a file work? Or, I was also noticing that my clippers for my dog's nails are similar to the clippers the salon uses, would those work just to trim them down a bit?





Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)What is the proper way to trim down acrylic nails?
I'm assuming you aren't going to grt them filled before the exam.Whatever you do don't use nailclippers. It will crack the acrylic.All you need to do is get a file and buffer and just file the acrylic down then make sure you buff the endsWhat is the proper way to trim down acrylic nails?
Use a fingernail file, that's what I always use, regular clippers may crack them and I don't know if I'd use the dog clippers.
Please do yourself a favor! I took the bar exam myself; you will be stressed out enough!! Take 30 minutes, walk into a nail salon , have them cut and filed!!! You don't know me, but you will thank me!
Maybe you could just file them?
Yes, use your dog's, that one is similar and the nails won't crack like using the normal clipper. Then, file them, after that buff them and shine. Wear a light color enamel.
go to the nail salon
DO NOT try to file them yourself. You can damage them or even damage your nail.


go back to the nail salon and have them trim it down for you. That is the best and pretty much only way
what i always do is just get a good file and cozy on the couch with your favorite show and file away, dont clip them with the wrong clippers bc it will crack the acrylic all the way down and you will be left with a horrible looking nail! but i think the dog clippers might work but just be SUPER CAUTIOUS! please, i hate it when ppl have raggidy looking nails. lol good luck
ACRYLIC NAILS CANNOT B TRIMMED TRUST ME DONT TRY IT! U HAVE TO GO TO THE PLACE WHERE U NORMALLY GET THEM DONE AND HAVE THEM TRIM OR REMOVE IT FOR U
use clippers to cut them down t natural length!

No comments:

Post a Comment