Sunday, January 17, 2010

What type of nail do I want to use to nail 1/4 inch luan to the subfloor so I can put vinyl flooring down?

There is a specific nail designed for nailing down underlayment, it has a smaller head that a drywall nail and has more rings in the shaft of the nail to create a better bite into the subfloor. Nail every 4-6 square inches and you will have to patch over these nails as well with a patch. Your flooring store should be able to address any more questions after this. good luck.What type of nail do I want to use to nail 1/4 inch luan to the subfloor so I can put vinyl flooring down?
Staples will work great tooWhat type of nail do I want to use to nail 1/4 inch luan to the subfloor so I can put vinyl flooring down?
I use ring shank or another word drywall nails maybe a inch to a inch and a half long.......


also nail about every six to eight inches and along the seams I nail about every two inches....................
may i suggest dry wall screw, 1in 1/4


then the floor can move a little, as nails will lift up ,and tear up your floor
shank nails? I think something like that
first you need to glue it and then screw it down otherwise it will squeak.

No comments:

Post a Comment