Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I broke my nail about 1/2 way down to where my skin is exposed?

I did it by beeping at a driver who didnt see me in their blind spot and I hit the wheel the wrong way. It is far less sore than it was on Friday, but still leaks puss if I hit it by accident. It looks red and inflamed and some blood is stuck on the sides of the nail under the skin. How do I get that blood out? Do you think it's okay to cover it with a fake nail so it wont hurt so badly if I hit it?I broke my nail about 1/2 way down to where my skin is exposed?
clean it with a q-tip with just warm water at first to loosen the dried blood, then use peroxide and do the same again w/a q-tip...it will ';bubble'; and probably sting a bit...once the bubbles have stopped, rinse it under warm water, pat dry and place a band-aid over it...if your really worried, call your doctor or go to an immediate care location and have them look at itI broke my nail about 1/2 way down to where my skin is exposed?
I slammed my thumb about 3 years back in a car door. The nail died, and it was horribly bruised and bloody underneath. When my mom took me to the doctor, he just checked to make sure there were no fractures. It is best to leave the blood alone. Try not to touch and push it though so it can start to heal. My nail broke, and eventually fell off. It took about two years for it to look like normally again in my case. It probably would not be wise to put a fake nail on it, the glue might not be the best thing if it is actually pussing. If it keeps oozing I would get some bactroban (prescription) it is a good preventative for bacteria infections so they don't it worse.
DO NOT put a fake nail over it. If it is infected, you'll just have to get it removed anyway, and that will hurt. Red and inflamed are two signatures of infection, does it feel hot also. If it does you have all three signs of an infection. Time to use that health insurance.
Ouch.......that hurt.....


I wouldn't put a fake nail on it.....it needs fresh air to heal. One idea is bathe it in warm salt-water then cover it with a clean bandage......not a Band-Aid.
Use superglue!! It's kind of like a fake skin. It will keep the nail on and close up the wound so it can heal itself.





Don't put a fake nail on though, it might cause an infection and will hurt even worse if you bend or break it!

No comments:

Post a Comment