Friday, January 15, 2010

I broke my pinkie nail halfway down and it hurts when i touch it to anything and it's red HELP! IT HURTS BAD!!?

I tried a band-aid then it fell off in an hour. I don't know what to do because I am only 11. I hit it on a doorway on friday night and it's been hurting worse and worse... HELP?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???????????!!!!!!!!鈥?WHAT SHOULD I DO?I broke my pinkie nail halfway down and it hurts when i touch it to anything and it's red HELP! IT HURTS BAD!!?
The redness is something you need to watch as that may be an infection.





You might want to have your parent / guardian help you with caring for the finger in order to make sure it doesn't get infected.





To disinfect it instead of washing it with soap try putting some water in a clean cup and heat it in the microwave for 1 minute on high, remove it with a pot holder so as not to burn yourself and add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the water. Let it cool to just warm and put your finger in the cup for about 5 minutes to clean the finger. It might burn or hurt due to the salt but salt is a natural antibiotic so it's good for you finger.





Next if you have some type of antibiotic ointment like Bactitracin or similar ointment put some on a band-aide or on the fingernail and wrap it around your finger. Now take another band-aide and wrap it from the tip of the finger down around each side of the finger covering the other first band-aide to help keep it on.





If you do not have any ointment, try using something like vaseline to help keep it moist for tonight. Then unwrap it tomorrow and check it for infection and if it has infection then you need to see a doctor for a prescription. If it looks better or about the same repeat the salty water treatment again with new clean water for 5 minutes, add ointment and rewrap the finger.





If you wrap the finger with gauze and tape instead of the band-aide make sure you keep an ointment or vaseline on the finger to keep the guaze from sticking or you will do more damage trying to get the guaze off.I broke my pinkie nail halfway down and it hurts when i touch it to anything and it's red HELP! IT HURTS BAD!!?
Hey kiddo :)





Wow, not another one :) Seriously, I'm sorry to hear about it. Is it feeling any better? It happened Friday so my main worry right now is infection. As long as you don't see a lot of redness or radiating red lines coming out from around it, it should heal okay. I would say wash it by pouring hydrogen peroxide over it, then gently pat it dry with a clean towel. Smear a thick layer of Neosporin or generic equivalent on it, then wrap it up by putting a band-aid on it. Use another band-aid on the other side to help hold it in place if you have to. Or if you don't have the right kind of band-aids do you have any gauze and bandage tape? You can tape it up that way. I know band-aids don't always stay put on fingertips. It will probably still be very tender for another week or so. I would actually suggest using a thick wrap of gauze and then bandage tape, partly for the padding effect so you can get some use out of that hand. Good luck, I hope it gets better soon. Let me know if you have any problems.


Your friend,


Bill
the only thing that I know of to do is get a band aid back on it so you can protect it at this point. Pull the band aid pretty tight to help make it want to stay.
If there are no open sores you can put oragel to remove some of the pain and sensitivity. There are also over the counter disinfectant + analgesic topical solutions for it.
I would probably stop typing, take an aspirin, and then duct tape it up.
clean it with water and put a band aid on it thats what i did
  • revlon colorstay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment