Friday, January 15, 2010

Is running your nails down a blackboard more enjoyable to listen to than opera?

oh yes, opera??, i,d rather sh*t through my eyes, xxxIs running your nails down a blackboard more enjoyable to listen to than opera?
you are so very welcome, thanks hun, xxxx

Report Abuse


Is running your nails down a blackboard more enjoyable to listen to than opera?
Always!
Hi!





No, but infinately more enjoyable than watching live ballet!!!!





ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!





NEVER, EVER AGAIN!!!





Ha, ha, ha!!





But then again it's not a laughing matter.





Oh, what the heck..... ha, ha, ha!!
It all depends on the composer.
I like some operas! my favorits are Il Barbero di Siviglia, Rigoletto, y Turandot, I also like some arias, my favorit is Nessun dorma, from Turandot!!!, some arias from the magic flute,Carmen, etc some march from Aida, etc...I'd kill someone to see AIDA... yes I like opera!! and if we are going to compare it with ballet, then i prefer 89899236598times to see classical ballet!!! I just LOVE it I mean, I DO LOVE it! my favs are Swan lake, Giselle, The nutcracker, Romeo%26amp;Juliet, etc..





And with all respect, people who say that they do not like it maybe is because they are not used to see it, I see that sometimes people go 4 the first time to see it and they dont even realize they are seating on a bad spot or they don't even read the program, I mean is a kind of bad behavior..If you want to open ur mind, you should try to learn.. for me, it's a kind of ignorance, because good things perdures with the time as classical art does,


and it is a shame that not so many people get involved with art or does not have feelings or passion for it, I think if that people will get close to art, mankind would be much better..this kind of art is pure passion! you can see in the artist's face, in the live sound of the orchestra!! (well, if you get to see really good artists, cause some of them are pretty amateurs with a loong way to go)
Opera is a lot better
It's personal preference what you listen to, some opera music is actually very good - it's really up to yourself what you like.
Thank God not all the brits are uncultured.


My friend,


In order to enjoy opera you must have at least the minimal kind of culture.


You probably enjoy the sound of your nails down a blackboard because you may have got used to use your nails too much. Good on you, I don't blaim you. Everybody gets whatever he/she deserves.


But consider that, operas have been written and performed for 300-400 years and the enjoyment they provide to the people is still endless.


It is a composite of ARTS. Theatre, Literature, Music, Singing, Acting, Costumes, Scenes, and many other. I understand that you may be not in possition (mentally, educationally, culturally) to appreciate or comprehent all these.


Contemporary composers still let their signs in this kind of ART.


Thank God, again for the people who like this kind of ART and mainly for the brits that there is a G.Lloyd Wember with many of his creations to continue this form of art.





I should never dare to make such a comparison like this you made. (Blackboard than Opera). That's a blasphemy. God forgive you.


I understand also that you may had very rough childhood without having anyone around to tell you that arts help people to distand their position from the animals but I have to accept it.


Again, God Bless you.





Good luck to your life.:)
Not if you run your nails down the blackboard for the whole length of the opera... A whole opera may be dull, but what about individual songs, like the Torreodor song?
Definitely, i cannot stand Opera. Can never even understand what they are saying, horrible. Some like it, i don't:)
I watched Wagner's 4th something or other on Sky art channel the other night. My 1st exposure to ';The ride of the Valkerys(?)'; done with women on stage and a live band - sorry - symphony orchestra - etc.


It was absolutely fantastic.
While I have to admit to being guilty of doing the former frequently when younger (it never bothered me), I LOVE opera.





Opera is a strange art form. While many opera lovers put on airs and make believe it's the art of the rich and powerful, it was actually, and remains, an art form that reaches across class, language and educational boundaries. It has always been a way for common people to feel transported to a more magical place, time and/or situation.





But, it's a form that you either love completely or hate utterly. Some find it boring, some find it annoying, some are entranced and moved emotionally, some want to, well, run their nails down a chalkboard. At the very least, it usually elicits SOME emotional response! :-)





If you don't like it, don't watch it.





However, one should never judge anything by one performance, and Opera should be experienced (at least the first time) in person, in a beautiful theatre, with a live orchestra and live performers...it's the only way to truly understand the magical trances that can be created.





Me, I'm lucky to live in Prague, where we have three theatres providing some of the worlds' best all year long!
Much of muchness in most cases
yes it is. i am only 14 and i went to an opera and enjoyed it a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment