Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Trying to nail down a major/career for college?

I've been looking at some sort of communications major, like broadcasting, but I also like web design. I'm having trouble though trying to find out what the job outlook for these careers are. I'd hate to pay for all the schooling just to find out that I'd have no job after college! Does anyone have any idea what the outlook for these careers are, and are there any other careers that fall into these categories?Trying to nail down a major/career for college?
I would try to contact people with similar careers that you are interested in, and see if you can shadow them for a day. It's really hard to pick what you want to do for the rest of your life! Also, think about the type of classes you like, because if you major in something but hate the classes that will suck!Trying to nail down a major/career for college?
I worked at a radio station as a teen and some of my duties included: operating the switchboard, recording voice tracks, speaking on the air, researching the news, weather, local events, etc, and creating and updating the website. Maybe you'd like something like that. Some of the people I worked with were specifically radio deejays, but some were news anchors, in the research department, web designers, advertising managers, broadcast journalists, and many other things. Look into it. It's a great industry.
  • revlon colorstay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment