Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is there a way to nail down carpet tack strips without being on your knees?

Some sort of hammer that you can place on the nails and drive them in standing upIs there a way to nail down carpet tack strips without being on your knees?
Well . . . . while I wholly agree with the knee pad suggestion, and that's is what I would do, lets think outside on the box for a moment . . .





How 'bout this: some how rig up a palm nailer on a shovel or broom handle. I'm thinking epoxying it to the back, being careful not to get ANY in the vents. With this rube goldberg contraption you can just walk along push the strips in place with your foot and nail away.





. . . as they say give the hardest job to the laziest man, and he'll figure out the easiest way to do it . . . .





let the thumbers commence . . .Is there a way to nail down carpet tack strips without being on your knees?
Not really, your best bet is some 10$ knee pads that are very handy for other uses around the house, gardening, cleaning floor if you need to be down there. You don t have to even strap them on, I ';shuffle'; around on them if I just do a small job and don t strap them on. After 20+ years on my knees doing flooring I talk from experience . lol GL
I used to know a carpet layer who said he made his living crawling around on the floor like a fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment