Friday, January 15, 2010

What causes finger nails to get lines on them running down the nail not accross.?

Is it a mineral difficiency or something. I just noticed my baby has developed them too.What causes finger nails to get lines on them running down the nail not accross.?
Yes, do ask your doctor and/or your natural/health foods store. I have heard that this can be a vitamin or mineral deficiency, also.What causes finger nails to get lines on them running down the nail not accross.?
It can be deficiency of viatmins and minerals. But it can also be caused by stress or trauma. By trauma I mean hitting a nail or hand or too much typing or computer work. I got those when I got my nails stuck in a grove on the garage door. Dont ask how it is a long story.


But I have read that your nails show your true health. Any problems with the body it shows up in the nails. Get checked or first ask at your local Health Food Store or Herbalist.
It could be your cholesterol is high, see a doctor and get it checked out.
I had always heard that ridges running up %26amp; down your nails was a sign of a protein deficiency. Nails are pure protein, as is your hair, so you need to pump up your protein intake. I don't think it would hurt to get some of those hair %26amp; nail supplements you can find in the vitamin aisle, either. Nails do grow out, from the nail bed - you may try using a good cuticle cream, as well. Good Luck!!
because thats the way your nail grows


our nails don't grow across.. thats why the lines don't run across.
I know this for fact, because I get them from time to time, it is high blood pressure.
My cousin, a doctor, says it's genetic. My whole family has those grooves. They're not fun, because the nail tends to split length-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment