Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What causes a nail to split and sometimes get a dark gray faded line down the middle?

I am obssesive about my nails. My nails have always had little vertical marks almost ridges you could say but, one in particular is very apparent. Once the nail gets long enough if I pick at it from underneath, it causes it to almost split right down the middle towards my nail bed. I have to file it down to stop it from getting closer to the rest of the nail bed afraid of being in a . Also, I recently had 2 of my nails on the same hand develope these faded black/grayish vertical marks appear. What is the meaning behind this? Are there certain vitamins I am deficient of? There has been no trauma caused that I can recall that would have caused this. Any answers you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!





-Nail CuriousWhat causes a nail to split and sometimes get a dark gray faded line down the middle?
Sounds like your nails are just very poor quality, best vitamin for that is Zinc, also get some conditoning creme for hands and nails this should improve the overall quality.


plus you'll get lovely hair to, i'ld be lost without zinc supplementsWhat causes a nail to split and sometimes get a dark gray faded line down the middle?
sounds like you may have nail fungus if you can pick at it from underneath. i've had nail fungus %26amp; it's very hard to get rid of. i saw my doctor for treatment but also got a topical medication to treat it. as far as the grey line, my manicurist told me that came from vitamin e deficiency. i didn't confirm that diagnosis with my doctor though. you need to see your doctor before it spreads to more nails
See a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment