Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I sliced the tip of my finger on the meat slicer at work. I sliced through a piece of the nail and then down?

through some meat on the side. Not terribly deep, but definitely lost a small piece of my finger. I have it well wrapped and bandaged, but I feel like its not getting any air. Still looks extremely raw and ready to start gushing at any moment. Should I keep it wrapped up? And why is it painfully tingling? How should I treat this? PLEASE HELPI sliced the tip of my finger on the meat slicer at work. I sliced through a piece of the nail and then down?
I did this exact same thing a long time ago working in a deli, I sliced the whole corner of my finger off past the nail almost to the bone. they can't stitch it of course so it has to heal on its own. because so many capillaries are cut, it wants to bleed alot. I remember that the bandage always stuck to it and it would bleed whenever I would change the bandage. it took quite a while to heal because its hard to keep fingers from coming in contact with water and stuff. you should keep it wrapped most of the time, but if you can let air get to it so it can dry on the outside. you might need an antibiotic from the doctor if it gets gooey. the tingling is the nerves and flesh repairing itself, thats normal. dont worry, it will get better!





oh, and my finger completely healed and the tip grew back normallyI sliced the tip of my finger on the meat slicer at work. I sliced through a piece of the nail and then down?
i did that when i was in cooking school when i was younger.. make sure you clean it very very well.. alcohol,. peroxide . you can also soak your finger in straight salt it will help and work.. put sum ointment on it and wrap it well and change it daily.. its gonna hurt and be a lil numb for a little bit. if you need stiches they can only to it the first 12 hours.. good luck and its ok youll be ok
Keep it elevated and apply pressure... then GO TO THE HOSPITAL!
Yea you should really go to the hospital
You need more praactice and exercise.


that all
it's quite simple .. just go to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment