Saturday, January 2, 2010

How many PSI do I need to nail down baseboards? And for fence planks?

I need to buy a compressor and want to spend as little as possible. What do I need for a nail gun to do baseboards and wood fence planks?How many PSI do I need to nail down baseboards? And for fence planks?
60-70 PSI for finish nails. 70-100 for a framing nailer. the higher pressure is for longer nails.


most compressors have an auto shutoff at 120 PSI. the bigest difference in compressors is the storage tank and how quickly the compressor can fill it.


with a small compressor and a small tank (say a pancake style) you may pop in 10 nails and have to wait a minute for the compressor to catch up with you. the larger ones, maybe 50-70 nails before the compressor kicks on, and you'll be able to keep going once the compressor kicks on, because it can keep up with your nailer.How many PSI do I need to nail down baseboards? And for fence planks?
Every nailer has its own needs. I run my tank at the full 120 psi and then adjust the nailer to where it needs to be.





If you run at a low PSI, the tank will need to be refilling more often.
You got it backwards, the nailgun will specifiy PSI CFM requirements

No comments:

Post a Comment