Saturday, January 2, 2010

How to get hubby to nail down a date to start trying?

How do I get my husband to commit to a date or month to start trying for a baby? I understand he wants to pay our last credit card off and the car, which is fine by me; but now he keeps saying maybe get a head start on the mortgage too. (110,000). I am all for paying off the smaller debts and applying those payments to our mortgage later; but I need a set time to look foward to so I can prepare my body and stop wondering when he feels we'll be ready.How to get hubby to nail down a date to start trying?
I agree with the other two people who have answered. There will never be enough money for him to be comfortable. My husband does the same thing. I gave him an ultimatum. Figure out when you will be ready, don't push it to the back of your mind. If not....well, put it this way...you wont have a hot meal or clean socks for a while. HAha...I stuck to it, went on strike for 2 weeks, made my point clear and now we have been TTC for 5 months. I explained to my husband that not only will we probably not concieve right away but then it takes another 9 months once we do. So, that gave him a little more breathing room and we came to an agreement, now that it is taking so long, I am glad we started trying when we did. I will be 27 next week and we are ttc our first......we have a home and of course, normal debt. 2 car payments, mortgage and a credit card or two but we live within our means so that is comforting. Good luck to you!!How to get hubby to nail down a date to start trying?
Thanks for the best answer sweety!! Like I said in the email, keep in touch!

Report Abuse



Start preparing now...go off birth control and start taking folic acid. Then you are ready.
It sounds like maybe he isn't ready to have a baby just yet. Financially, there isn't a ';right'; time to have a baby. There's always going to be one more bill you could try to pay off. Maybe you should gently ask him if he is trying to stall a little bit. It would be better to get that out in the open and hopefully prevent any resentment on either side down the road.
If you wait til you're ready, you never will be. I'd get some wine, some good food, and some new lingerie!

No comments:

Post a Comment